Gaming is an activity that has become increasingly popular over the years, with more and more people enjoying it as a hobby. However, not everyone has the luxury of a large gaming room or space to set up their gaming equipment. If you have a small bedroom, you may be wondering how to create a comfortable and efficient gaming setup without sacrificing too much space. This article will provide you with some tips and tricks to create a small bedroom gaming setup that suits your needs.
- Choose the right gaming equipment: The first step is to select the right equipment for your setup. Opt for a compact gaming PC or laptop, a small-sized gaming monitor, and a space-saving keyboard and mouse.
- Consider mounting your monitor: Mounting your monitor on a wall or a monitor arm can free up valuable desk space and also give you more flexibility in adjusting the monitor’s height and position.
- Optimize your desk space: A small desk can work well for a small bedroom gaming setup, but it’s essential to make the most of your available space. Utilize wall shelves, drawer organizers, and cable management tools to keep your desk tidy and clutter-free.
- Use headphones: Using headphones instead of speakers can save desk space and provide a more immersive gaming experience.
A small bedroom gaming setup can be more affordable than a larger setup.
It can be more comfortable and convenient to have all your gaming equipment in one room.
A smaller setup can be easier to maintain and keep tidy.
Limited space can restrict the types of gaming equipment you can use.
A small setup may not be as visually impressive as a larger one.
It can be challenging to balance ergonomics and comfort in a small space.
Here are some good devices to consider for a small bedroom gaming setup:
- Gaming PC or Laptop: Some good options for a compact gaming PC include the MSI Trident 3, Alienware Alpha R2, or ASUS ROG GR8 II. For a gaming laptop, you can consider the Razer Blade Stealth, Dell G5 15, or Acer Predator Triton 500.
- Gaming Monitor: Some good small-sized monitors for gaming include the ASUS VG279Q, AOC C24G1, and Dell S2419HGF. For a curved monitor, you can consider the Samsung LC24FG73FQNXZA or MSI Optix MAG271CR.
- Keyboard and Mouse: Some good space-saving options for a keyboard include the Razer Huntsman Mini, Logitech G915 TKL, or HyperX Alloy Origins Core. For a mouse, consider the Razer DeathAdder V2 Mini, Logitech G Pro X Superlight, or Glorious Model O.
- Headphones: Some good gaming headphones include the HyperX Cloud Alpha, SteelSeries Arctis 7, or Sennheiser Game One.
- Gaming Chair: Some good gaming chairs include the Secretlab Omega, Noblechairs Hero Series, or DXRacer Formula Series.
- Storage: Some good options for storage include the IKEA Kallax shelving unit, AmazonBasics 4-shelf shelving unit, or Sauder Beginnings Storage Cabinet.
- Lighting: Some good options for lighting include the Govee LED Strip Lights, Philips Hue Play Bar, or BenQ e-Reading Desk Lamp.
Remember to choose devices that suit your preferences and budget, and that work well together to create a comfortable and efficient gaming setup.
Here are some good games to consider for a small bedroom gaming setup:
- Fortnite: This free-to-play battle royale game has become one of the most popular games in the world. It is fast-paced, easy to learn, and can be played with friends online.
- Rocket League: This unique game combines soccer with racing, making it an exciting and fun game to play. It can be played online or locally with friends.
- Among Us: This multiplayer game has become incredibly popular, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic. Players work together to identify the imposter among their crewmates on a spaceship.
- Minecraft: This classic sandbox game allows players to build and explore their own virtual world. It can be played solo or with friends, making it a great option for a small bedroom gaming setup.
- Stardew Valley: This relaxing farming game is perfect for gamers who enjoy a slower pace. Players build and manage their own farm while interacting with characters in a charming and colorful world.
- Overwatch: This team-based first-person shooter game is fast-paced and strategic. Players choose from a variety of unique heroes with different abilities to defeat the opposing team.
- The Sims 4: This life simulation game allows players to create and control their own Sims and explore their virtual world. It can be played solo and is a great option for those who enjoy a more relaxed gaming experience.
Remember, the games you choose to play should be based on your personal preferences and gaming style. These are just a few popular options to consider.
Creating a small bedroom gaming setup can be a fun and exciting project, but it requires some planning and creativity. By choosing the right equipment and optimizing your desk space, you can make the most of your limited space and still enjoy a comfortable and efficient gaming experience.