Uncovering the Mystery: The Unreachable and Secret Coins of Super Mario 64
Super Mario 64 is a classic video game loved by many. It was released in 1996 for the Nintendo 64 console and has since become one of the most popular games of all time. One of the most exciting aspects of Super Mario 64 is the ability to collect coins throughout the game. However, there are a few coins in the game that are notoriously difficult to reach.
The Unreachable Coin:
The Unreachable Coin is one of the most infamous coins in Super Mario 64. It is located in the Hazy Maze Cave level and is positioned on a narrow platform suspended over a bottomless pit. The platform is so narrow that it is nearly impossible to reach the coin without falling off the edge.
Unreachable Coin Update:
In 2020, a player discovered a new technique that allows Mario to collect the Unreachable Coin without falling off the platform. This technique involves performing a precise jump onto the edge of the platform and then using Mario’s backflip to reach the coin. This discovery caused a lot of excitement in the Super Mario 64 community and inspired players to try new techniques to collect other difficult coins in the game.
The Secret Coin:
The Secret Coin is another difficult-to-reach coin in Super Mario 64. It is located in the Dire, Dire Docks level and is hidden behind a wall that can only be passed through by using a cannon located in a different level. This means that players must travel back and forth between levels to collect the coin.
Super Mario 64 hacks and tricks that might help you play the game more efficiently:
- Master the basics: Before attempting any advanced techniques, make sure you have a solid grasp of the basic controls. Practice jumping, moving, and attacking until you feel comfortable.
- Get familiar with the levels: Each level in Super Mario 64 has its own unique challenges and secrets. Take the time to explore each level thoroughly and get to know its layout.
- Experiment with different techniques: There are many advanced techniques in Super Mario 64 that can help you play more efficiently. These include wall jumps, long jumps, and dives. Experiment with different techniques to see which ones work best for you.
- Use the camera to your advantage: The camera in Super Mario 64 can be adjusted using the C buttons. Use the camera to get a better view of your surroundings and to line up your jumps more accurately.
- Try speed running: Speed running is a popular way to play Super Mario 64. The goal is to complete the game as quickly as possible, using a variety of advanced techniques and glitches.
- Explore glitches and hacks: There are many glitches and hacks in Super Mario 64 that can make the game easier or more fun. For example, the BLJ glitch allows you to move at incredibly high speeds, while mods and ROM hacks can add new levels, characters, and gameplay features.
- Join the community: There is a large community of Super Mario 64 players online, many of whom share tips, tricks, and hacks. Joining the community can help you learn more about the game and connect with other players who share your passion.
By mastering the basics, exploring each level thoroughly, experimenting with different techniques, using the camera to your advantage, trying speed running, exploring glitches and hacks, and joining the community, you can become a Super Mario 64 pro in no time!
Super Mario Games Secret Codes:
Here are some secret codes for various Super Mario games:
- Super Mario Bros.: The original Super Mario Bros. for the NES has a few secret codes that can help you out. To play as Luigi, hold down the A and B buttons on the second controller and press Start on the first controller. To start on any level, hold down the A button and press Start at the title screen.
- Super Mario World: Super Mario World for the SNES has a few secret codes as well. To play as Luigi, select the 2-player option and hold L and R while selecting a save file. To unlock the Special World, complete the Star Road and find the secret exit in each level.
- Super Mario 64: Super Mario 64 for the N64 has a few interesting secrets as well. To play as Yoshi, collect all 120 stars and return to the roof of the castle. Jump into the cannon and shoot yourself onto the roof of the castle, where Yoshi will appear. You can also unlock a secret cannon in Peach’s Castle by finding and pressing the buttons in certain levels.
- Super Mario Sunshine: Super Mario Sunshine for the GameCube has a few secret codes as well. To unlock the sunglasses for Mario, complete the game with all 120 Shine Sprites. You can also unlock a secret level by finding and spraying a certain graffiti pattern in each level.
- Super Mario Odyssey: Super Mario Odyssey for the Nintendo Switch has a few secret codes as well. To unlock Luigi as a playable character, complete the game and return to the Mushroom Kingdom. Find Luigi and talk to him to play as him. You can also unlock a secret costume for Mario by finding all of the Power Moons in a certain kingdom.
These are just a few examples of the secret codes that can be found in various Super Mario games. Each game has its own unique secrets and codes to discover!
Super Mario 64 is a classic game that continues to capture the imagination of players worldwide. The Unreachable Coin and the Secret Coin are just two examples of the many challenging aspects of the game that keep players coming back for more. As new techniques are discovered and new players take on the challenge, Super Mario 64 will continue to be a beloved classic for years to come.